Years 7, 9 and 11
Academic Bursaries and Scholarships
Academic Bursaries or Scholarships are awarded on the basis of:
- Demonstrated performance in the Newington Bursary and Scholarship Examination
- Excellence shown in supporting documentation e.g. school reports, external competition reports, NAPLAN results
- Other qualities that will support a boy to contribute positively to the life of the College
- An interview with the Deputy Headmaster and the Head of Academic
Year 11 Academic Bursaries and Scholarships
There are two academic pathways available at Newington for the Year 11 Academic Bursary or Scholarship recipients:
- The NSW Higher School Certificate (HSC)
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
All boys who are shortlisted for an Academic Bursary or Scholarship will be invited for an interview to explore their own academic interests, their approach to learning and how they will contribute to the strong learning environment at Newington.
Current Newington Students
Current Newington boys entering Years 7, 9 and 11 in 2019 are encouraged to apply.
Boys from Lindfield and Wyvern House Preparatory schools should apply in the normal way via this Insite. Please note that the award of Dux of Wyvern K-6 or Lindfield K-6 does not include an automatic scholarship at Newington 7-12.