Government Travel Passes
Train and Bus
The NSW Government provides subsidised travel to and from school through the School Student Transport Scheme (SSTS). The scheme covers travel for eligible students on government rail, government and private bus and ferry services and country coach/rail services (boarding students).
- Parents of new students who will be commencing at Newington should apply for their boy’s Opal cards online.
- Complete your online application here
- Assistance with travel routes can be found at www.131500.com.au
- A free travel amnesty period applies to students in full uniform for the first three weeks of term 1 to allow for the major distribution of new passes.
- Subsidised travel is available to Australian Citizens/Permanent Residents only – Overseas students are not eligible.
- Students must always give up their seats for fare paying customers on government transport.
- Free travel is only available to and from Newington from Monday to Friday inclusive and return journeys must commence before 6:30 PM.
- Travel passes are granted only for travel between home and Stanmore and return by the same mode of transport. The most direct route to and from school must be followed.