The practice, programming and ethics of letting technology think and feel. A Group B Elective.
The application of technology, through coding and programming to the evolving world of robotics, is one of the most quickly developing areas in society. However, the development of technology that can problem solve, act independently of instruction, and adapt as conditions change is at its cutting edge.
Artificial Intelligence will look at this field in theory and in practice. Utilising the emerging platforms and tools, students will dive into the how these technologies develop, how they can be programmed and how they can be utilised.
Students will take a hands-on approach to learning in this field of computing, developing their own AI projects, and understanding and evaluating the AI applications we interact with on a day-to-day basis, but probably don’t even realise.
Areas of study
- Machine learning
- Algorithms and heuristics that underpin AI technologies
- Programming and coding
- Design of AI applications
- The ethics and morality of AI in society
Forms of Assessment
- Coding and programming activities
- Reflection & self-documentation of learning
- Independent and collaborative design projects