Delve into decoding languages, the field of linguistics. A Group B Elective.
Languages have greater applications beyond travel and everyday communication. This course will delve into decoding languages, the field of Linguistics and the various occupations which require Linguistics skills.
Learn to decode any language system regardless of whether you speak it or not. Apply this in a range of practical projects, including in the fields of intelligence, espionage and forensics. Put these new skills and knowledge into practice by learning a new language of your choice and then develop an app to teach this language to others.
This will be an intriguing course for any boy who is studying a language or is considering commencing a new language in senior years, or for anyone interested in how different languages might work.
Areas of Study
- Decoding spy messages
- Conducting a forensics linguistics investigation
- Voice recognition and profiling
- How to teach yourself a new language
- App development
Modes of Assessment
- Decoding languages activities
- Reflection and self-documentation of learning
- Independent and collaborative projects
- New language acquisition
- Peer feedback