How to Apply
2019 Bursary and Scholarship applications are now open.
How to Apply
Applications for 2019 Bursaries and Scholarships are now open.
There are two steps to apply.
Both requirements must be completed in order for your application to be considered.
- Complete the online registration
- Submit supporting documentation and personal portfolio
2. Supporting Documentation and Portfolio
Submit your supporting documentation (listed below) and personal portfolio, with the attached cover page, including copies of certificates or other proof of academic sporting or other achievements to:
The Admissions Department
200 Stanmore Road,
Stanmore NSW 2048
(Kindly note only hard copy portfolios will be accepted. Please do not email documents.)
Supporting Documentation required:
- Please print and complete this cover page and attach to the front of your portfolio before submission
- Passport size photograph
- Copies of your son’s previous two school reports, one of which must be his end-of-year or final report for 2017
- Latest NAPLAN results
Submissions after the closing date will not be considered.
Important Dates and Times
Bursary and Scholarship Testing Dates:
Entry into Year 7 in 2019 will be held on Monday 12 February 2018.
Entry into Years 9 and 11 in 2019 will be held on Tuesday 13 February 2018.
Please be advised there will be no make up test for those unable to attend testing on the given days.
On the day of the test, boys are required to be at the College by 8:15 AM for a 8:30 AM start.
We expect to finish by 12:30 PM.
Beyond Testing Day
What happens next?
Notification of shortlisting and results
After the Bursary and Scholarship Testing Day, here are a few important dates and guidelines:
- Newington College will review each application, considering individual test results together with submitted supporting documentation/portfolio.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified by telephone and requested to proceed to interview and/or music audition.
- If you have not received notification from the College by the end of March 2018, unfortunately your son’s application has not progressed to the interview and/or audition stage.
- During April 2018 a letter will be sent to all applicants, advising them of their Bursary and Scholarship assessment testing results.
- Please note that the College is not responsible for the return of portfolios after the Bursary and Scholarship Process. Portfolios may be collected from Newington College Reception from May 2018.
Referees for Shortlisted Candidates
If your son is shortlisted for an interview as part of the selection process, names and contact details of two referees who would be prepared to speak on your son’s behalf may be requested.
Referee contacts are not required for the initial application process prior to testing.
Please advise the referees that the College may contact them. For current Newington students a verbal reference will be automatically supplied by the following staff only: Head or Deputy-Head of either Prep School (Year 6) or Head of Senior School as required.