The Philosophy of Good and Evil
Monday 19 October
Speakers include: Dr Ari Lander, Dr Michael Robertson and members of Newington College’s Philosophy and Religious Studies Department
An introduction for Year 11 students
- What makes people moral heroes?
- What have philosophers said about ‘the good life’?
- Are evil people born or made?
- Are some actions unforgivable?
- How do religions respond to evil and suffering?
- What are the social dynamics that lead to dehumanisation and tyranny?
Philosophy is an inspiring discipline and everyday practice that can transform people and societies. This will be a day full of lively debate and discussion – an introduction to some of the big questions in Philosophy and Religion.
WHEN: Monday 19 October 2020, 9.00am – 3.00pm
WHERE: Old Boys Lecture Theatre, Newington College
BOOKINGS: Dr Jeremy Hall