The Newington Age Swimming Championships were held at the College pool on Friday 3rd February. It was fantastic to see the boys from Years 7-12 competing in a variety of events.
The top three place-getters can be found at the following link:
We would like to acknowledge the following boys who broke Newington short course records:
- Luca Polvere (11/KL)
- Jack Rudkins (11/MA)
- Christopher Mina (8/PR)
Congratulations to the following Swimming Age Champions for 2017:
- 12 Years – Nicholas Venetoulis (7/KL)
- 13 Years – Thomas Oates (8/JN)
- 14 Years – Christopher Mina (8/PR)
- 15 Years – Shannon Lowe-Griffiths (9/PR) and Sam Lye (9/LE) (equal points)
- 16 Years – Jack Rudkins (11/MA)
- 17 Years – Luca Polvere (11/KL)
- Opens – Harry Gilkes (12/KL)
Well done to all boys who participated on the night.
It has been an exciting summer of Sailing for Henry Larkings (11/FL) and his crew mate Miles Davey (The Kings School) winning at the highest level.
- Australian Open and Youth Champions – Australian 29er National Championships
- Australian Sailing Federation – Australian Youth Champions
Henry and Miles have been selected to represent Australia in the Australian Youth Sailing Team in the boys two handed skiff at the ISAF World Youth Championships in 2017.
Congratulations Henry on your selection.