Newington proudly provides exceptional sports facilities for our boys here on our grounds.
- An Olympic standard swimming pool, designed for water polo
- Five turf cricket wickets, and 12 astroturf wickets
- Wet weather drop-down cricket nets (turf and astro turf training facilities)
- Six basketball courts
- Three rugby fields
- Eight Australian Open 10 layer surface tennis courts
- Three volleyball courts
- Two football fields
- A rifle shooting range
- One of the largest school rowing boatsheds on Hen and Chicken Bay
- A strength and conditioning gym
- Fencing and Table Tennis facility
Newington boasts one of the best boatsheds in Australia located on the picturesque Hen and Chicken Bay.
The boatshed has a boarding facility for 20 senior boys to allow them to train, study and sleep over a couple of nights a week throughout the season to minimise disruption to their school program and necessary sleep.
Players have the privilege of training and playing at excellent onsite facilities that attract professional circuit players such as Samantha Stosur, Casey Dellacqua and Rennae Stubbs. The courts have a world class Australian Open 10 layer surface (the same surface as at Homebush Olympic Park).
Transport and Venues
Newington has a number of sporting facilities both onsite and offsite. We have regular hiring agreements with Marrickville Council and other private sporting facilities.